Wednesday, February 18, 2015

“…fantastic really because he was so passionate…”

Carolyn Smith from Architecture Smith + Scully talked to Claire Ellery, editor Houses, “about running a practice and her life in architecture,” including …

Q: Do you think the way you approach architecture, then or now, was influenced by your peers and teachers at university?
I think for me I was possibly more influenced by some architects who were in practice at the time. At university it was the studio tutors who I think had the most influence. I had David Mitchell and Claude Megson, who was fantastic really because he was so passionate. You didn’t always agree with him. He was a very stubborn man but he did some amazing designs and they were kind of unique and he pushed you to follow an idea….

Full article here.

No comments: